Solar Illuminations Ltd is committed to conducting all of its operations in an environmentally responsible manner.
We seek to work collaboratively with our customers, partners and supply chain to achieve environmentally sustainable solutions that:
- Respect and contribute positively to local communities.
- Address life cycle impacts and low carbon technologies.
- Adopt responsible sourcing practices.
- Protect the environment.
In our operations, we seek to be leaders in environmental practice by:
- Consulting those affected by our work.
- Conducting our activities in a considerate manner.
- Adopting the waste hierarchy of prevention, reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Avoiding environmental incidents or pollution.
In our premises and vehicle fleet we seek progressively to:
- Improve fuel efficiency as we update our fleet.
- Improve energy efficiency by adopting low carbon solutions in the premises we occupy.
- Adopt the waste hierarchy of prevention, reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Avoid environmental incidents and pollution.
We will achieve this by:
- Offering our customers opportunities for more environmentally sustainable solutions.
- Identifying risks to the environment from our activities, and taking the necessary steps to remove or manage these risks.
- Ensuring through training that our workforce is aware of the environmental impacts of their activities and know how to operate responsibly.
- Seeking innovative solutions, adopting good practice and taking advantage of new technology.
- Continually improving by setting and achieving environmental objectives and targets.
The Director of Solar Illuminations Ltd is responsible for:
- Establishing the overall Environmental Policy for the Company.
- Reviewing the environmental performance.
- Issuing a formal environmental policy which is consistent with the company’s requirements.
- Establishing and implementing effective arrangements across the Company to ensure those requirements are delivered.
- Providing an effective process of assurance.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and Company requirements.
It is the responsibility of every individual in the business to:
- Perform his or her job so as to comply with all environmental requirements.
- Stop if he or she believes what they are doing will cause unnecessary pollution or an environmental incident
- Look for environmental improvement opportunities.
We will review this policy on an annual basis as a minimum and when necessary to do so.
This policy is fully supported by the Managing Director of Solar Illuminations Ltd. Dated 30/11/18.
A signed copy is available upon request.